Sunday 6 May 2012

Airbrush Fail

So, I have been experiencing a few issues with my airbrush of late - in that the flow of paint seems to be a little "stunted" now and again, resulting in me having to pump the trigger to get it going. Having given it a super-deep clean, and thinking it would solve the problem I attempted to spray today, with great difficultly. Either way, I luckily managed to complete painting the 1/100 NG Regen Dual Gundam (looking really colourful!) with a little last-minute hand painting.
As I can't really afford to spend a great deal of money on a new brush, I went ahead and purchased a super-cheap £25 model which will hopefully see me through while a decide which model to get (which is proving difficult.. narrowed down to either an Iwata or Badger).

I also purchased some Revell white primer - just to give it a bash. The £8 price tag on my current Tamiya fine white spray is killing my pocket and is not really lasting longer than say.. 2 models at a time. Not very cost effective. This new stuff is around £3 per 25ml bottle and can be used in an airbrush.. I will probably report on its effectiveness on here sometime soon.

Anyway, just wanted to say thank you to all the people reading my blog! I have been doing this for a while now and really appreciate the interest shown :) Later!




No comments:

Post a Comment