Sunday 1 January 2012

Coming up in 2012

Happy new year to one and all, hope you had a nice xmas and stuff and did not gain too many pounds. After a fantatic period of being away from work, the dull mist of everyday life begins to loom its ugly head. With this in mind, in order to cheer myself up I thought I would share some of my goals in Gunpla for the coming year.

This year will see my first ever competition entry, the Mecha 2012 contest organised by the awesome people at MAC forums. My entry will be the aformentioned Jagd Doga, entering into the OOB (out Of Box) painted category. I was going to give the diorama a shot but upon measuring my current skill level, this could have resulted in an abomination worthy of great ridicule within the gunpla community :)

I am giving the HLJ (hobby link Japan) contest a miss.. purely because of time constraint. Perhaps next time.

Overall, I am hoping to build more Master Grades. Going to also have a bash at a real grade as and when the funds become available. I will also continue to learn new tricks and tips and share them right here on the bloggy. I have a few idea's about some future custom builds requiring some additional materials.

I will also be investing in an airbrush, the applications and effects as such will be far in advance of my current technique using spray cans. This will tkae some time to master.. :)

Hers to 2012 all, have a good one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment