Sunday 22 January 2012

Mecha 2012 - Jagd Doga WIP 1

So I have been spending the weekend working very carefully on the MSN-03 Jagd Doga 1/144 HG for the mecha 2012 contest (OOB category). So far, have laid down the base colours - a mixture of metallic and dull reds and silver for the armour - gold for the "bits" and piping, lots of gun metal for the inner frame and weapon and a smidgen of blue for the tippy toes. This is how the Jagd Doga looks for reference:


I have made some slight changes to original colouring and "jazzed" it all up a little by adding more gold. I also intend to add some trim colouring along the legs - ill see how this goes. OK, so where I am at so far, let start with the lovely lovely gold, which I am mighty pleased how it turned out:

"bits" sprayed gold. Looks good enough to bite. 

Shoulder parts. Silver. Silver related-note.. erm.. nope.. nothing. 

Yep, I did the thrusters in gold. masked off the innards and sprayed them dull red. Looks nice. 

 Masking off the silver shoulder parts - these now sprayed with dull red too. Should have just taken out the parts and sprayed them really.. but fancied the practise.

Stuff, drying.

Metallic red part. This turned out nice too. 

Makeshift masking! blue tack really is incredibly versatile.. I sprayed red all over it and I can still use it. Awesome. 
A little assembly of the torso + head as a little teaser. No detailing as yet - that's the hard part that comes next and the most likely point I'll cock something up. Keep your fingers crossed for me. More coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment