Saturday 7 January 2012

My Mecha 2012 Entry + more news

Hey all, my first and probably only entry into the fantastic mecha 2012 competition run by the mac forums will be MSN-03 Jagd Doga 1/144 HG. As I will be entering the OOB (out of box) category I have to be careful as to how far I go customisation wise.. The rules state I can do a custom paint job, but not modify the kit in any way. With this in mind, I think I will be doing the red parts in a metallic red and applying a little weathering. The tubes/wires on the inner parts will be a nice metallic copper, all silver and gold parts will remain the same. Its my intention to put as much "realism" and detail into this kit as I can muster. Will be taking my time for sure. Today I will start cutting and filing the parts. Will be putting up my WIP soon.



In other news.. my long, long long awaited full-armour unicorn MG has been delayed in customs.. Had to pay an additional £30 in import taxes and fees (!) making this model cost me a total of £140 so far, by far the most ridiculous amount of money I have ever spent on a kit.. crazy. I just cant wait until either my in laws visit the UK or I go over to Japan so I can pick up some more kits considerably cheaper! The unicorn will be arriving on Tuesday next week.. Cant wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment