Tuesday 27 December 2011

Blueframe Astray Revise 1/100 MG

After.. 8 weeks of working/tormenting on the Gundam Astry Blueframe Revise 1/100 Master grade, it is finally done. For my first MG, I don't think it turned out that bad, and impressed myself on how well the decalling went considering I have never done it before.

A few things went wrong.. if you have been reading my previous posts you will remember the tiny plastic clasps that held the fingers and thumb in place on each hand had disintegrated, hence now Blueframe has no ability to hold any weapons hence the constant flight mode.

The panel lining for this was a little all over the place. I have been experimenting with various washes for a while and though I got to grips with it when panel-lining the head part, turned out a little "dirty" looking as the panel lines did not suck through the paint too well, and turned out a little lighter than I wished for.  I will persevere on getting that golden thinner-to-paint radio correct. The rest of the models panel lines were done with a gundam marker.

Some decals peeled off a little and went dry, replaced these on the worst instances with thin stickers provided with the Blueframe in box.

Gave it all a nice glossy coat for a change, normally I prefer the matt finish but because the experimental panel lining did not go to plan, a matt finish would really show up the dirty bits unless you were standing a good 10 feet away from it..  

That's about it really.. not 8 weeks of solid work as most of that was spent waiting for my old supplier to send me the paints I had bought. Anyways, down to what it looks like. A real labour of love this :) A little vid at the bottom too.

Bring on the full armour unicorn!














No comments:

Post a Comment