Sunday 27 October 2013

End of October update

This month has pretty much been all about the HLJ contest entry, and I think the enthusiasm I have to move onto the next project has been somewhat of a driving factor in getting this 1/144 TR-1 Advance Hazel completed..

In my haste, as the WIP will describe over on the HLJ social media channel I have made one or two mistakes, though the results are looking adequate to good at this stage so no major stresses.

The next project is undecided as yet, I was going to move onto a bit of a practice session with the AGE kit Zedas R, which would be quite a quick build judging by its low number of runners but in both the calling of the uncompleted FAZZ, and the inherent need to build something from Gundam Seed Destiny (which I am currently watching through again at the moment) are getting in the way. On top of that.. I really would like to have a bash at the Victory.. and the Stein. Decisions decisions. I think ultimately, with my trip looming on the horizon I will opt for a quick HG, which is the Zedas R. Mood may change.. my Facebook update will indicate which path I have chosen.

Be sure to tune into the Gunpla Fixation google hangout which has moved to this coming Saturday, which I believe will be broadcasting around 4pm PST, roughly 9pm GMT (I think) - times will be confirmed on my facebook page. Hosted as usual by the venerable Jiminboo, and co-hosted by myself and the almighty bearded one Justinius. As well as the usual workbench based topics and some awesome special guests, we'll be having a lively chat about this years GBWC and it's divided attentions on top of our usual community-based topical discussions.

In the coming week I should also be making a return to YouTube, with a personal update on all things GundamUK. Not made any videos primarily as not a lot is going on other than the HLJ entry.

Finally, entrants into the Level-Up! Competition have been gathering pace, great to see so many WIPs on the go and I am entirely pleased that everyone so far has been supportive of its theme. I am seeing some great work so far and although it's going to be hard to pick out winners, it'll be a pleasure to see such amazing works of art. Prizes are still in the pipeline. More on this later :)

You can see all the entries over on the GundamUK Facebook page (in the level-up contest entries picture album) and you can click here to be reminded of the entry rules. Only 3 months left so time is ticking!

No comments:

Post a Comment