Sunday 17 June 2012

Marasai Devastator 1/144 HG WIP Part 2

All parts sanded down, putty sealed and sanded, seem lines removed (mostly). I finally decided on a heavy flame-thrower as one of the devastators weapons. Modified from a couple of end-barrels from the FA unicorn, and some smaller parts to plug in the ends (that fitted perfectly I might add) from the Regen Duel Gundam. I also drilled a tiny hole in one of the barrels to add a fuel line, which leads of to a huge (in comparison to the Marasai) fuel tank, made from an old asthma inhaler canister. All propellant removed of course.

Added a base coat to most of the parts, a reveller aqua clear (used in my previous model) to act as a surfacer. Worked lovely. I have decided now on a colour scheme - and its going to look awesome. Something very unique, in fact something I don't think I have ever seen on a gunpla model. Should be fun, and I hope I can pull it off..

The paint scheme requires a white base coat. I was sure I had 3 jars of this but discovered to my dismay that they were all mostly empty.. so I only managed to get one base coat done before I had to call it a day for those parts. I then went on to do the metallics. A little vid below for your visual entertainment if you are bored. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment